How Chirpify drove instant conversion from TV during the Grammys
For the first time ever, OREO launched a product sampling campaign by featuring an #actiontag in a prime-time TV commercial. It offered customers first access to a new product flavor by adding the hashtag #SendMeOreo at the end of the TV spot, which aired during the Grammys.
— Oreo Cookie (@Oreo) January 24, 2014
— Toby (@TobyCPhillips) February 9, 2014
- The campaign proved consumers can and will transact directly from a Television at scale with a single Tweet.
- The campaign drove up to 5,000 tweets per hour, catapulting the campaign to become a nationally-trending Twitter topic.
- @Oreo gained over 15k new followers in 12 hours with Chirpify – they normally average 1K in a day.
- #SendMeOreo accounted for 5.3% of the total Grammy impressions on Twitter.
- Oreo added 20K new members to its database. (Oreo limited the quantity to 20K)
- Social product sampling program delivered 20,000 boxes to engaged social customers. (Oreo limited the quantity to 20K)
- #Actiontag participation and sharing drove more than 46 million impressions and reached 22 million social accounts.