Last Updated: 2013-06-19
How we collect User information
We may collect information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, create an account, fill out a form, engage in a transaction via our Services and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available via our Services.
We collect information Users provide directly to us. For example, we may collect Users – name, email address, shipping address, profile customizations and any other information Users choose to provide. Please note that the credit card and banking information Users may provide via the Site will be collected directly by our financial service provider, who will use such information solely to process and settle payment transactions.
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log information: We log information about Users whenever they interact with our Services, including the browser name, pages viewed, access times, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Services, such as the operating system and any internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Web browser cookies: We may use “cookies” to enhance User experience. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, when you connect your account with a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
How we use User information
We use Users’ information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Chirpify and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
How we share User information
We do not sell, trade, or rent any User’s information to others other than as follows:
- We may share your information with any merchant or organization to which the User donates or makes a payment via our real-time commerce solution. These merchants and organizations may use such information to fulfill Users’ purchases and to engage in their own direct marketing. If you are a California resident, please see “Your Choices” below for more details about this sharing; and
- We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Additionally, we may also share your information in the following ways:
- With third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Services or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Chirpify or others.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
How we protect User information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of User information.
Analytics services provided by others
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Chirpify by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
317 SW Alder St #1100
Portland, OR, 97204