Let’s face it, a solid percentage of social media has become a dark place of endless hyperbolic bitching. If you run social for a brand, you know this all too well. Your brand is constantly berated for every move it makes. All of this negative sentiment has you wondering if it’s even worth it. Since you can’t just up and leave, the question is what can you do about it?
That’s where a Social Media Loyalty program can help, rewarding consumers for positive activities and sentiment. Besides generating significant revenue for your business, it is an exceptional way to drive positive sentiment and combat all the negativity.
Let’s see a few examples…
We’re proud to power Marriott’s Social Media Loyalty program, where in 2017 members generated more than 65 million POSITIVE earned media impressions, and earned more than 84 million rewards points through 326,000 social media engagements – the equivalent to earning roughly 11,000 free nights.
— Scott Rohrig (@scottrohrig) August 16, 2017
Last year Marriott and other brands drove over 58 Billion positive social media impressions during the Super Bowl alone!
Columbia Sportswear’s social media loyalty program rewards their Greater Rewards members for sharing hiking, fishing, and other outdoor moments on social, often showing off Columbia gear in their photos.
All of this sharing generates revenue, and a ton of positive sentiment! In fact, our retail customers using Chirpify have seen the following results generated by their social media loyalty programs.
Have a higher Net Promoter Score (79% vs 73%)
Have a higher trust in the brand (65% vs 60%)
Spend more with the brand (35% vs 22%)
Mark the brand as #1 in preference vs competitors (62% vs 57%)
OREO launched a product sampling campaign by featuring an #actiontag in a prime-time TV commercial. It offered customers first access to a new product flavor by adding the hashtag #SendMeOreo at the end of the TV spot, which aired during the Grammys.
— Toby (@TobyCPhillips) February 9, 2014
- The campaign drove up to 5,000 tweets per hour, catapulting the campaign to become a nationally-trending Twitter topic.
- @Oreo gained over 15k new followers in 12 hours with Chirpify – they normally average 1K in a day.
- #SendMeOreo accounted for 5.3% of the total Grammy impressions on Twitter.
- Oreo added 20K new members to its database. (Oreo limited the quantity to 20K)
- Social product sampling program delivered 20,000 boxes to engaged social customers. (Oreo limited the quantity to 20K)
- #Actiontag participation and sharing drove more than 46 million impressions and reached 22 million social accounts.
View this post on Instagram
- 2,240 POSITIVE SENTIMENT posts from only one campaign!
- 44 MM impressions
- At a CPM of $7.91 (source), the 44MM potential impressions that the social posts received is equivalent to $348,040.00 in sponsored Instagram/Facebook posts
Avocados From Mexico
According to Listen First Media, Avos was #1 in generating the most social exposure and buzz, driving 2.5 Billion impressions of POSITIVE SENTIMENT. This is quite an impressive accomplishment for a small brand that beat out both Pepsi and Doritos. I mean, have you tasted Doritos? They’re delicious!
Give your audience something to cheer for. Create a symbiotic relationship in which consumers are rewarded for their positivity. Contact us to start.