Columbia Sportswear uses Chirpify to power their engagement loyalty program, Greater Rewards. Occasionally we like to highlight campaigns they run to reward members for their brand advocacy. This is one of those times.
Columbia wanted to engage and reward their loyalty members during Covid to share their adventures in Columbia gear. The Chirpify platform handled all of the following:
- Segmenting Columbia members based on multiple crm criteria
- Emailing segments to share their #TougherTogether moment
- Tracking member social media posts on Twitter and Instagram
- Auto-commenting in real-time from the Columbia handles to people that participate with differentiated copy based on membership status
- Aggregating posts into Columbia’s Chirpify dashboard to visualize and approve engagement for reward
- Automatically crediting points inside member’s Greater Rewards account
- Measuring campaign metrics such as impressions inside our analytics dashboard
The User Experience
Here is the user experience from a consumer perspective.
As you can see, it’s so simple for user’s to engage with Columbia, be recognized with a reply, and rewarded with points.
Thousands of people posted their #TougherTogether moment showcasing Columbia gear to their friends, resulting in millions of earned media organic impressions for the brand. The user generated content was beautiful. See for yourself…
View this post on Instagram
Today’s success is brought to you in part by a cadence of 170 bpm. What a day for a PR!! And I was proud to be wearing what I have always considered the greatest outdoor shirt ever made. You know, this whole #quarantinelife has led me to find some amazing inspiration through social media. Those people have made me ask myself — am I leaving something on the table? Could I dig harder, for longer, and deeper?? News flash: the answer is almost always yes. As a result of meeting that cold, hard truth today, I put up a 5k time that is quicker than my fastest time as a 13 year old!!! Keep your heads up, brothers and sisters. 🏃♂️🌞#toughertogether @columbia1938
— Denton Jordan (@DentonJordanJr) May 20, 2020
— Jennifer LaCost (@JenniferLacost) May 20, 2020
— brad miller (@brad5071) May 20, 2020
— Luz Martinez Jr (@luzmartinezjr) May 20, 2020
— Sonic1825 (@sonic1825) May 20, 2020
— roger and anne smith (@rogersmithwork) May 20, 2020